It’s almost Spring and to say that people are happy is a large understatement. This winter has honestly felt like one endless loop of polar vortexes (or whatever the new, trendy name for those are), snow and bitter, bitter windchill. Everyone in my area has been slightly overreacting to the “warm” weather we’ve had since Saturday and, just to be clear, by warm, I mean 4° Celsius (WOO, break out the swimsuits and high-waisted shorts!) and by overreacting, I mean that people are walking into stores without coats on and…get this, I even heard two sales associates in Bulk Barn yesterday talk about walking home from work. That’s serious business, y’all, Canadians are officially shedding the winter blues. 😉
With that, comes TONS of beautiful releases in the beauty world, and of course, I want ALL the makeup. Here’s a roundup of some of the products that I really, really, reallly want (like, now).
1. Oh, NARS, you always know the way straight into my lil’ ol’ pitterpatter. Holy crap, are the new NARS Dual Intensity blushes incredible or what!? They are supposed to be able to be used wet or dry, just like their successful predecessor, the Duel Intensity eyeshadows. In all honesty, I don’t even think they are available in Canada yet, and I need another blush like I need a hole in my head, but…they’re so pretty, especially Panic, a shimmery hot pink and pretty coral (pictured above).I love that name and I went to a psychic yesterday and she told me that there was some Dual Intensity Panic in my future 😉
2. I was strolling casually around the other day when I wandered into a cute little boutique and came across a whole table of Byredo perfumes. I’d never heard of them, so naturally, I talked to the sales associate about them a little and had a good little dig, and they honestly rocked my world. There are a plethora of different scents that are super, super fragrant and strong, but I kind of like that you literally only need half a spritz of one of these babies and you’ll be good all day long. My favourite of the bunch was Rose Noir, which, hey, you guessed it, is a beautiful rose-y musky scent. They are, unfortunately, unbelievably expensive at $235 CAD for 100 ml (CHYEA RIGHT), $160 for 50 ml, but the good news is, they offer a (more) reasonable roll-on oil for $81 CAD. The unreasonable part of that equation is that the oils are only a shocking 7.5 ml each, BUT, they are oils, so you won’t need as much as a regular roll-on AND given that the perfumes are quite strong, I’m assuming the oils will be, too. Do you see me trying to justify this? Am I having much luck selling you, because, truth be told, I’m already sold, I just need to work on the getting $81 part 😉 😛
3. I’ve been raving like a lunatic for the last week or so about the new Essie Spring 2015 collection, and with each photo that I see of this lovely collection, named Flowerista, a name of which I also love, my heart races a little faster and my palms get a little bit more sweaty. I am actually being so serious when I say that I want every single colour in this collection. I already have too many nail polishes, but seriously, I am extremely attracted to all of these shades (and the names, though!), and I actually can see me wearing each of the 6 spring-appropriate shades for different occasions. They are just so beautiful! Seeing as buying all 6 isn’t exactly financially feasible in the foreseeable (whoa, say that 3 times fast), the two that I’ll be making a beeline for are Flowerista, that irresistible plummy purple shade and Blossom Dandy, the beautiful turquoise blue (see swatches here). If loving these shades regardless of how they apply and what they cost is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
4. Speaking of plummy magenta goodness, MAC has been on fire lately. I don’t know if it’s just because I can’t actually afford any new makeup at the moment or if they are just really hitting each new collection out of the park, but either way, I find most of their new products very alluring. Surprisingly, there is only one new lipstick that I am actually itching to get my hands on, though, and that is the new Acai lipstick, which is part of the upcoming Julia Petit collection. Don’t get me wrong, the whole collection is fabulous, and I’m all over it, but I’m really drawn to that lipstick! With a name as super cute as Acai, you can’t really go wrong…just imagine: “Siobhan, what are you wearing on your lips today?” “Oh, just a little Acai blended in with some Love Culture lip glass…” Can you imagine people’s faces? I want to be the cool chick who people question if I’m wearing a lipstick or if I’ve just taken the time to mash the pretty berry onto my lips. Fo realz. All
delusions fantasies aside, though, I love this purple shade and can totally picture myself wearing it out for late nights with my girlfriends at the end of spring. Think Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights, with better makeup…and instead of taking place in Cuba with sexy men, it’ll probably take place at a low-key wine bar with…average men. 🙂
5. After reading how much I love the Real Techniques brushes yesterday, is it any surprise that I want more? Sam & Nic Chapman recently released a Bold Metals collection and oh my, these brushes are stellar! Brushes that look good on my vanity and do well on my face!? Heck yes. Only problem is, they are not currently unavailable in Canada. 🙁 We’re friends, right, so you’d tell me if it’s completely irrational to book a flight to England to pick up these brushes and then come straight back home for my test next week? Too much? I thought so… *sigh* 😉 #bringboldmetalstoCanada!
6. Words cannot describe how much I love Disney’s Cinderella. Throughout my childhood (and now), Cinderella was always my favourite princess, and it still stands as my 2nd favourite classic Disney movie (with Aristocats snagging the top spot…is anyone surprised?). So, when I found out that Cinderella would be the next live-action revival of the classics, I screamed and leaped for joy. When I found out that Lily James, of Downton Abbey fame, would be playing her, I screamed and leaped for joy for days. And when I found out that MAC, one of my favourite makeup brands, would be releasing a limited edition collection inspired by the ethereal princess and the movie? I damn-near died. Combining two of my favourite things in life, makeup and movies, naturally only leaves me speechless and wanting #allthemakeup, and though I doubt any piece of the collection would actually suit my complexion (MAC, it’s lovely but it’s all so light!) and I doubt that there’s actually any items left, I want it, and by it, I mean everything! Truthfully, though, that doesn’t even matter. I will be dreaming about this breathtaking collection for years to come, and that my friends, is the magic of the world’s most captivating Disney princess. 😉 ♥
7. It is official, I have been converted into a Beauty Blender lover. Things have even progressed since I wrote this post, in which I was using it solely dry and loved it. Well, one of my friends at school, Jackie (hey girl, you’re awesome!), works for MAC and taught me how to use it properly when wet and OH MY LANTA. I now completely understand where all of the hype comes from and I humbly eat all of the negative words I’ve spoken about this wonder. These days, I love it even more than I thought I could and I kind of want the “professional” version, just because it’s black, sleek looking and I feel like it would look better when I pull it out than a brown-stained pink. I love pink, but it’s not the most forgiving of colours, especially when you’re working with liquid and cream colours for my complexion. The pro beauty blender is just so sophisticated…so, yup, add it to the list!
8. Finally, I’ve heard and read a large amount of building hype on the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer. Seeing as the only base product I use on my face is concealer, I think that this would be right up my alley, but I’m not thoroughly convinced. I like the idea of an under eye primer, locking and sealing everything in and making it last for hours, but isn’t that what a regular face primer is for? Failing that, I sometimes even use a standard eye primer underneath my eyes when I’m in a rush or a pinch, and that works just fine. I am curious about this one, though, and it supposedly works really well, so I might give it a little test run and see how I like. Don’t worry, if I do, I’ll be sure to report my findings! 🙂
Well, those are the products that I’m currently lusting after, and why, but what about you? What are you currently craving?