As I was lucky enough to be halfway across the world when my fellow Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving, I thought I’d sort of cheat and celebrate it today. 🙂 Why not, right?! In a world that’s constantly moving and changing, it can be hard to take a step back and just live in the moment and appreciate your life and how far you’ve come since you were born. Well, I thought today would be the perfect day to express how lucky, grateful and truly thankful I am for all of the wonderful things in my life.
I am thankful for…
- a roof over my head as I write this, and a warm bed to sleep in tonight.
- food & water, and lots of it, at my instant disposal.
- my fantastic, loving, caring parents who are always there to support me, love me, uplift me and guide me.
- living in a wonderful, beautiful free country as amazing as Canada.
- living in a country that provides fair and just services in law and court.
- being fortunate enough to have and build on an education, and having the opportunity to learn & grow every single day.
- living in a city that is generally safe, clean and is overall, a great environment.
- my lovely friends, who are always there to smile with, to chat with, to cheer me up, to laugh with me, to cry with me and to guide me.
- having access to advanced technology that I know that not everyone in the world can experience. Technology that provides the “normal” things that we are all accustomed to controls basically everything. #somethingtothinkabout
- my personality. It’s what makes me, after all! #uniquelyme
- having access to services such as good transportation, healthcare, and various emergency & public services.
- every life that is dedicated to making my future an easier, more peaceful one, and to every life that has been sacrificed in the process.
- having internet. This one is random, I know, but, we didn’t have internet or TV in my house for most of this week and it was pure torture, haha! Glad to have it back 🙂
- Christmas dinner. I know, I know, Christmas is just under a month away, but my dad cooks a MEAN turkey. Oh and the stuffing, the roast potatoes, the rice & peas!? Oh my, I’m salivating just thinking about it. Yea, I’m looking forward to it. #yum
- my health. It’s been a rough ride, but I’m very happy to be alive and really appreciate being here today.
- my extended family, because even though they aren’t actually in the same country as me, they are always with me spiritually and in my heart.
- being fortunate enough to have the ability to travel with my family multiple times, including being lucky enough to go to Europe in October, and for always having a wonderful time when on vacation and arriving there and back in one piece. 🙂
- having the ability to recognize that the prior point was totally a run-on sentence. I’m sorry, fellow English lovers, I’m cringing right now, too!
- coffee. I can honestly say that my life wouldn’t be the same without it, as sad as that sounds, haha.
- opportunities, new and old. Where would I be without them?!
- my godmother, Cathy. I haven’t spoken to her in a while, but #1 on my to-do list for the weekend is to give her a call. She’s a remarkable woman that helped shape me into the person I am today.
- anyone and everyone who has ever had faith or confidence in me or my ability to succeed, even when I haven’t shared the vision.
- fixing the Bloglovin‘ problem. Let’s be real, that’s a huge burden off my back and one down off of the “Still To Do for Beauty Bylaws” list.
- general mistakes and bumps in the road, for without them, I wouldn’t learn lessons and grow as an individual.
- entertainment like TV, movies, books and plays/live shows, because without them, I wouldn’t have had anything to aspire to and/or get lost in when I was young or anything to dream about now. 🙂 #mediaenthusiastforlife
and last, but certainly not least…
- YOU! If it weren’t for you, taking the time to read this, I don’t know what I’d be doing. You, my readers, are truly the best.
So, now that I’ve shared some of my grateful thoughts, it’s now your turn! What are you thankful for? Please let me know in the comment section down below!
I hope that you have a lovely day wherever you are in the world. May your day be filled with fun, happiness, safety, warmth and love. And if you’re a reader from the US, Happy Thanksgiving, friend!
Lots and lots and lots of love,