Seeing as I’m about as flush as Oliver Twist right now, I thought it would be the appropriate time to share all of the objects of my desire in the beauty realm for the season.
1. Beauty Blender Micro.Mini – Not going to lie, the moment I saw Ingrid Nilsen use one of these to blend out her concealer in this video, this went straight to the top of my “To Buy” list for Sephora. I’m not even a super fan of the original beauty blender, in fact, I, personally, find it a little overrated (mind you, I don’t wear foundation), but these!? Man, I want ’em! To be honest, they do seem slightly excessive, but I can totally picture me using them for concealer, liquid highlighter under my brows or on my cheekbones, or even to blend out my fave contour, MAC’s Pro Sculpting Cream in Richly Honed. Of course, my obsession with them could very well have something to do with the fact that they resemble the cutest little mini eggs in the world. Just maybe, but let’s choose to ignore that minor detail. 😉
2. ANYTHING in the MAC Brooke Shields Collection! – Holy “dang-is-she-getting-prettier-with-age-or-is-it-just-me!?” Cow. I’m a big fan of Brooke Shields, not necessarily for her acting (which is great quality stuff, don’t get me wrong), but because she is just one of those people that make aging almost fun. Seriously, I think that she has single-handedly changed the game for women everywhere; she’s “grown up” with such poise and grace, making her the total ladylike gal of everyone’s dreams. Well, this collaboration between her and MAC doesn’t disappoint (dat packaging doe!), and yes, I know that it’s going to be pretty much impossible to find anything in the collection anymore (it launched in September), but I wouldn’t mind trying. This is when it would be beneficial for a giant hole to open up in the sky and for nice, lovely aliens to drop a beauty goodie or two down to us. And if the aliens happen to be taking requests (they are NICE aliens, after all)? I’ll take the Gravitas 15-pan eyeshadow palette and the Creme Colour Base duo, please. Thanks.
3. Foreo LUNA Cleansing Brush for Sensitive Skin – For years and years and years, I’ve wanted a Clarisonic brush to take my skincare routine up a notch. Sure, it’s fine now, but there are definitely times when I wonder if I could be cleansing my skin a bit more thoroughly. So, in the beginning of the year, I picked up a super cheap, manual cleansing brush from Sephora that is made of silicone that’s supposed to cleanse your pores a bit better. I absolutely love it, but on the days when I’m feeling a tad lazy (read: everyday), it’d be nice to have something to do it for me. Enter this guy (notice that I’m humanizing a LOT of beauty products lately? Siobhan needs more friends. And to stop talking in the third person), which has pulsating silicone brushtips designed to gently cleanse sensitive skin like mine, but is also freakin’ pink. Yea, the latter bumped this product from a want to a need. And then I saw the price…YIKES. Oh well, a girl can dream. *cough cough Christmas is coming, Mom & Dad. You know I love you, right?! cough cough*
4. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Charlotte – Once a red lipstick lover, always a red lipstick lover. These lipsticks hit the scene with quite a bang and I’ve heard nothing but amazing reviews, so I was excited to try them out in person. Well, I actually didn’t like the shade that I thought I would, Ingrid, but rather the shade one up from it, Charlotte. It’s a beautiful dark berry-crimson oxblood colour that I adore, and I can see me wearing this all the way and everyday until I dust off my coral lipsticks next April. It’s just so lovely! Plus, it’s named after my favourite Sex & The City character! It would add to quite a large family of lip products in the same colour range, but oh well. What happens in red-lipstick-lover-land stays in red-lipstick-lover-land.
5. L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush – I remember a time, not so long ago, when literally everyone in the beauty community was talking about this product. At the time, I thought “Nahhh, I don’t need yet another coppery-brown eyeshadow. It’s probably just a bunch of useless hype!” Well, fast forward a couple of years and now I want it… :\. You see, the thing is, where there is smoke there is fire and clearly this one is burnin’ hot! All of my favourite bloggers and vloggers loved this product, and even women in my life offline loved it, too (Hi, Krisa ;P)! I mean, that’s gotta be some heck of a product, right? I’ve never used one of the L’oreal Infallible shadows before, and I’d really like to get my hands on one to really see what they are all about (and review it here, too, of course! ;)).
6. Jouer Highlighter in Tiare – I’m having some serious highlighter issues right now, and it’s starting to kill my makeup game. Seriously, is this not the season for pretty, glowy skin and festive eyes or lips? YEA, it is but I can’t get really nice, glowy skin without using a bit of highlighter on my cheekbones but honestly, I’m not having much luck. The ones that I already own are just not doing it for me, and everytime I see one of Meghan Rienks’ YouTube videos, I die a little inside. She does it perfectly, she looks so lovely and all I want to do is replicate that look, alas I can’t. Or can I? I’ve never tried any of Jouer’s beauty products, and they are another “trend” of the past, and what’s better than trying out a new brand AND resolving an issue at the same time!? Nothing, I’ll tell you! I’m actually usually very opposed to wearing anything gold & shimmery on my face, believe it or not. I think I was traumatized when I would go and get my makeup done at MAC events and the makeup artists would always, always, ALWAYS opt for gold shimmer on my cheek & browbones. Honestly, I see a gold highlighter and I run for the hills. But this one? I don’t know, there is something about this one; it doesn’t look like your average bright, in-your-face gold, rather a soft, subtle, almost muted gold. I really like it and I will need to try to get my hands on it soon, the holidays are approaching quickly and methinks this will give me the luminous look I’ve been yearning for.
7. Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser – This is by far the weirdest beauty product that I’ve stumbled upon this season. But really, though, what the heck is this, lol!? I was in Sephora a couple of weeks ago and I saw this in the “What’s New” section…and I’ve been mystified ever since. According to one of the associates in Sephora, this is a “unique mix of your typical foaming cleanser, cleansing oil and cleansing balm” (I literally wrote that into my notepad in my phone because I thought it was such a perfect description). It’s got a ton of great things for your face packed into it, like Vitamin C and rose hip oil, and it smells amazing! It looks and sort of feels like Vaseline when you apply, however, once you add water, it dissolves into a milky, creamy wash that I actually really liked! Mind you, I only did a little patch test on the back of my hand, but still! I’m almost out of my current go-to cleanser, the Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter for Sensitive Skin, and you can bet your bottom dollar that this will be the next cleanser I try.
8. Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Revolution Lipstick in Mrs. Mia Wallace – Okay, okay, I know, this is another item that’s not really a “fall” product. I mean, it is, it’s the perfect sultry, mysterious red, but it was released in the middle of summer. Guess what, though? I want it, anyway! It’s just such a nice red (the red lipstick hotline is on speed dial in this house) and I think it would pack such a punch paired with some eyeliner and mascara, full-on holiday makeup looks, and everything in-between. Though, I have to say, and please don’t be annoyed, but the whole Pulp Fiction aspect of this collection/lipstick is totally lost on me. I’ve never seen it, and even though I’d love to understand all of the pop culture references that come from the movie, I’m just not a big fan of Quentin Tarantino (too much gore for me, BLEH). I do, however, know that Uma Therman played a total bad-a** chick in the movie, and once again, I feel like there’s something to be said for red lipstick and the whole “bad-a** chick” vibe. Yup, this would also be perfect for those days when I want to wear a “don’t talk to me or else!” sign (don’t lie, ladies, we all have them. And usually they are caused by the natural event that happens to us all every 28 days or so ;P), but don’t want to be overtly rude. So, instead, I shall don this lipstick, and it’ll scare most people off. See? Red lipstick is soooo multifunctional! My latest chat with my least favourite hotline operator says that I’m just making excuses for myself, though, but psshhhh, whatevs.
There you have it, friends. Those are the items that I would grab first if I was to receive the amazing news that I won the lottery. Or just, you know, had $100 dollars more in my bank account, I’m not fussy (because I actually cannot afford to be fussy. Oh, the irony).
What about you? What products are you lusting after at the moment? Let me know, and we can drool together! 🙂
Hope you enjoyed reading and have a lovely evening!